I. Objectives of Education and Research
Since its founding, Kyoto University has been deeply committed to the principles of liberal education and academic freedom. In line with these principles, Graduate School of Agriculture and Faculty of Agriculture pursue education and research with the aim of contributing to the harmonious coexistence of the global community, by resolving various challenges facing humanity, including the continuity of life from generation to generation, a stable supply of safe, high quality food, reduced environmental degradation and restoration of a degraded environment.
II. Objectives of Human Resources Development
Under the objectives stated above, Graduate School of Agriculture and Faculty of Agriculture aim to nurture capable human resources as described in the following.
1. Faculty of Agriculture
Full-fledged members of society who possess academic knowledge of agricultural sciences and related disciplines, and a high sense of ethics, as well as the following capabilities:
(1) Able to think from a broad perspective about solutions for problems facing humanity
2. Graduate School of Agriculture
Educators, researchers, professional engineers working in businesses/public institutions, administrative officials/policymakers who have acquired highly specialized knowledge and research skills by deepening their knowledge and sense of ethics through studies at the Faculty, and who have a strong sense of mission to fulfill the following commitments:
(1) Playing a leading role in creative scientific research for the clarification of life phenomena, production and use of living organisms, and environmental conservation at local and global levels
(2) Achieving technological innovation that will contribute to the development of agriculture, forestry and fisheries industries, as well as to food and life science-related industries
(3) Working from various perspectives on various problems facing modern society and proposing the ideal state of society, as well as measures to attain the sustainable development of society while minimizing the impact on the environment.