Call for Entries: Logo Design for Kyoto University's Faculty and Graduate School of Agriculture
Kyoto University’s Faculty/Graduate School of Agriculture is hosting a design competition for its very first logo, which will serve as the school’s official symbol into the future .
The Faculty/Graduate School of Agriculture is looking forward to receiving your entries.
1. Design concept
The logo should ideally convey the school’s international and holistic orientation, and commitment to addressing today’s challenges from a “Life, Food, and Environment” perspective.
The logo will be widely used both online and in print.
3. Eligibility and Numbers of Entry
- All those with a connection to the Faculty/Graduate School of Agriculture, including students, alumni, and current/former faculty and staff, as well as their family and friends, are eligible to enter.
- Multiple entries must be submitted separately (one design per email message).
4. Submission procedure
Submit each design as an email attachment, including the following:
- Mailing address
- Phone number
- Email address
- Occupation or affiliation
- Relationship with the Faculty/Graduate School of Agriculture
- Design concept description (up to 100 words)
Logo design file requirements:
- Format: JPEG or PDF
- Size: up to 5MB
5. Submission email address
Submissions must be emailed to agri-logo*mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replacing * with @) with the subject: “(Your Name) Logo Design Entry”.
Friday 10 March 2017 (Late submissions will not be accepted)
7. Selection and announcement
The Graduate School of Agriculture (GSA) will evaluate all submissions and announce its decision online around May 2017. The winner will be presented with a certificate and gift from the GSA Dean. Awards for excellence may be given to a select number of other entrants.
- All entries must be previously unpublished and not infringe on the rights of others, including copyrights and trademarks.
- Submissions will not be returned.
- All rights regarding the selected design, including copyright and trademark, will be transferred to Kyoto University.
- GSA may choose to revise, arrange, modify, or convert the selected design.
- The name of the winner will be made public.
- Entrants’ personal information will only be used for the purposes of administering the competition, and will not be disclosed to third parties.
9. Contact Information
General Affairs Office
Graduate School of Agriculture
Kyoto University North Campus
Kitashirakawa Oiwake, Sakyo, Kyoto 606-8502, Japan
Email: agri-logo*mail2.adm.kyoto-u.ac.jp (Please replace * with @)