Policy for the Conferral of the Academic Degree of Faculty/Graduate School of Agriculture (Diploma Policy)
- The undergraduate degree will be awarded upon obtaining the required number of credits within the designated number of years of the degree course.
- As a general rule, the following requirements must be satisfied before completing the undergraduate degree program:
- Be able to understand sociological research and natural sciences with regards to life, food and environment while maintaining universal standards, and acquire knowledge of agricultural studies and other applicable study areas designated by each department.
- Be able to conceive disciplinary methods of resolution in response to problems encountered by the human race concerning life, food and environment.
- Have superior logic and be able to attempt to make a contribution to the evolution of the field and understand the importance of agriculture, forestry, fisheries and food- and bioscience-affiliated industries.
- Have the ability to communicate smoothly with people of other cultures and acquire the broad view necessary to address the problems involved in a wide range of aspects of life, food and environment.
- The Master’s degree will be awarded after experiencing research guidance and upon obtaining the required number of credits within the designated number of years, and successfully passing the examination and master’s thesis judgment as well.
- As a general rule, the following requirements must be satisfied before completing the Master’s degree program:
Attain a high level of specialized knowledge and understanding of research techniques with regards to problems concerning food for mankind, regional and global environmental conservation, production and use of living organisms and the mechanisms involved in the development of life
Consider it a personal mission to set up the necessary policies for the purpose of sustaining societal development, maintain a high level of scientific originality within each respective area of specialization and achieve groundbreaking technological reforms.
Have the communication and presentation ability necessary for in-depth mutual understanding and have the ability to appeal for personal research advancements within the respective areas of specialization.
Acquire the linguistic level necessary for disseminating research advancements to the rest of the world.
- The doctoral degree will be awarded after having experienced research guidance, residing in the school for the designated number of years and successfully passing the examination and doctoral thesis judgment.
- As a general rule, the following requirements must be satisfied before completing the doctoral program.
- Show in-depth educational experiences, possess a high level of analytical ability and experimental techniques within the respective areas of specialization. Students should also have the educational experience, technique and ability as a foundation to establish an original subject and theme, and be able to individually decide and develop a solution. In addition, he/she should have the ability to turn the results into a thesis.
- Has acquired the ability to organize and implement shared research with other research institutions when deemed necessary.
- Has acquired a high level of logic and sense of balance based on a deep understanding of the development of life and society.
- Have the ability to contribute to the preservation of coexistence and the order of prosperity of humankind and harmony between people and nature.